Real opportunity to grow
As one of Canada's largest employers, CIBC offers a variety of career opportunities. Our people are the key to achieving our vision of being the leader in client relationships, which is why we work hard to create an environment where all employees can excel.
We are proud to have been recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world. We have also been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, a Best Employer for New Canadians, one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada. In addition, we have eight strong Employee Affinity Networks focused on supporting the professional and personal development of more than 3,000 members
Take a moment to picture yourself working for one of Canada's leading financial institutions, where a spectrum of possible career paths offers you remarkable choice, flexibility - and a real opportunity to grow.
Explore the possibilities
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees - access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
At CIBC, the Branch Manager role is a critical leadership role that's very rewarding. You will work in a fast paced environment where you lead, motivate and reward your team. You will make a difference in your employee & clients' lives every day by helping them achieve their goals.
You will have the opportunity to grow the business for an existing branch in an established community. Sales and service management, coaching and leadership are the key focus of your day. You will deliver an excellent client experience and improve overall client experience by delivering a comprehensive client offering focused on excellent
service and having the most appropriate advisor meet the needs of the client. While focused on sales growth, you will also manage risk through compliance to policies and procedures. You will
develop and lead a high performing team that will enjoy an excellent employee experience.
Through your leadership, you will help clients and employees achieve what matters to them.
- Lead and coach a highly successful sales and service team focused on business growth, deepening client relationships and consolidating business
- Lead sales and service management programs to achieve branch business goals
- Enhance CIBC's presence in the local market to acquire new clients
- Deliver an excellent client experience, improve client satisfaction & resolve complaints
- Create a positive employee experience where employees are recognized, capability is developed and career planning is a key to success
- Partner with colleagues and specialists to maximize opportunity to acquire new business
- Protect CIBC, client and shareholder interest by minimizing CIBC's exposure to risk
- Manage premises and day to day operations of the branch
What We're Looking For
- Must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have completed the required courses, IFIC or CSC (Canadian Investment Funds Course/Canadian Securities Course) and BME (Branch Manager Examination) prior to the start date.
- Must have a minimum of two years mutual funds sales experience
- Must have leadership skills to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment that leads to the achievement of business goals and superior performance
- Must have sales and service management and demonstrated coaching skills
- Must have previous industry experience
- Ability to improve client satisfaction, resolve complaints and deepen client relationships to grow the business
- Compliance knowledge to manage credit, operational and regulatory risk
What You Need to Know
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays & Sundays)
- Local travel may be required
- Location: Essex, Ontario
Rewards and Recognition
At CIBC, we're committed to providing employees with fair and competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and related markets. Our total compensation programs are comprised of direct and indirect components. Together they reward employee capability and performance and promote employee well-being.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Banking Offer
At CIBC, there are formal and informal methods available to acknowledge employee and team contributions throughout the year. Formal recognition programs recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams at CIBC. CIBC's formal programs include the CIBC Achievers Program, eAchievers and the Chairman's Council and President's Council Awards in Wood Gundy. We developed these programs to reward those who demonstrate our core values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Sales and Business Development